CALVARY CHAPEL HISTORY:
Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa was the very first of the Calvary Chapel churches, and found its beginning in the 1960s when Pastor Chuck Smith and his wife Kay took on a struggling little fellowship. Our nation was going through some incredible changes during that time, and the hippies of southern California were a huge part of the social landscape. Their search for meaning brought many of them to the place of investigating the promises of Scripture, and as a result the Jesus Movement was born. Unfortunately many of the churches in southern California were uneasy about letting hippies into their worship services. But those churches that did experienced a powerful movement of the Lord, and an explosion of growth. Calvary Chapel was one such church. Today there are over 1000 Calvary Chapels worldwide.
CALVARY CHAPEL ONTARIO:
Calvary Chapel Ontario began in December of 1990, when Pastor Paul LeBoutillier and his wife, Sue determined the Lord was calling them to Ontario, Oregon to start a new church. The fellowship began at that time under the name of Cornerstone Community Church. Approximately 18 months later the church became affiliated with Calvary Chapel. In 1990 Calvary Chapel Ontario began by assuming the building and property of a small church that was closing its doors. The church began with just a few families and, by God's wonderful grace, has grown to over 700 individuals attending (men, women and children).
STAFF AND MINISTRY LEADERS